I work with you just the way a good friend would. As a matter of fact, I started doing this for my good friends and then trained to become a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant®. Whether you are affiliated with a particular religious community or are not religious at all, I tailor my services to reflect your lives and your values.
We had a hard time finding an officiant that we really thought would capture who we are. My husband and I are from different backgrounds and wanted to incorporate a little of both into the ceremony. AC gave us many options, readings and symbols that we could do and made it very easy to hone in on what we really wanted. She always arrived on time, or early and walked through the rehearsal a couple times to make sure we knew where to go and what to do. Right after the wedding we got many complements on how beautiful the ceremony was and it truly was a magical day for us. We are glad that AC was able to help us put into words what we wanted to be said and could not have been happier with her service! Jannelle & Omer, Wedding, Annandale, VA
HOW DO I WORK?
- First we meet for your free consultation. We can meet in person or via Skype or Facetime. Here I get to know you and learn what you care about. I also provide you with a packet of general information that will help you plan for your ceremony (like how to get your marriage license).
- After our contract is signed and the deposit paid, I begin putting your ceremony together. I gather information from you including your questionnaires. Then, I research and write a ceremony for you that will probably include many choices. I don’t use general “pick and choose” menus, but once I get to know you, I will have a variety of suggestions for you.
- I send you the first draft. I depend on your input. I ask questions, make suggestions and give you many opportunities for feedback before the ceremony is finalized. You don’t want any nasty surprises in the form of speeches you weren’t expecting.
- Once the ceremony is finalized, I prepare cards with all the readings and with your personal vows so no one has to rely on their memories. I also prepare a props list so you won’t forget an important item. I make cue sheets for your musicians, your planner and your photographer.
- On the big day, I arrive early (usually an hour early) so I can coordinate with your wedding planner, musicians, DJ’s, photographers and videographers. We need to work together as a team for your day to be a success. I also set up my PA system so your guests are able to hear everything – especially your vows. While I lead the ceremony, I am also prepared to handle any unforeseen circumstances that may arise (like a sudden change in weather). At the end. I provide you with a lovely keepsake copy of your ceremony. Also, for weddings, I file your marriage license with the state.
Destinations. I have been honored to perform many weddings and memorial services outside of my “home” area. If you would like to discuss this possibility keep in mind that travel fees and lodging will be a part of your package.
Wedding Rehearsals prepare you and your wedding party for what to expect and help put all of you at ease. As I lead you through the ceremony, I can help you incorporate any last minute changes and even give your readers pointers in public speaking. Most importantly, rehearsals give you as a couple a moment to focus on the meaning of your marriage.
Consultation Services If you wish to have a special family member or friend perform your ceremony, I can help you with writing and research. I am also happy to consult with all of you on the presentation.
A well-crafted and beautifully presented ceremony will be the highlight of your event and sets the tone for the entire day. From quickie to biggie every ceremony is different. I have been working with satisfied clients for over 11 years and would be happy to customize your package to meet your needs. My fees for personalized ceremonies generally range from $500 – $1400.
Please contact me for a free consultation. My goal is to make your special day truly memorable.